Thursday, June 28, 2012

A New Way To Cook Corn

 I read recently on Pinterest about roasting corn on the cob, in the husk, in the oven.  According to the author, when the corn is done, you can cut the bottom off and the cob will fall right out, leaving all the silk with the husk.  Unfortunately, I forgot to pin the directions, but I think I remember the directions.  I preheated the oven to 350, placed the corn directly on the oven rack (see picture, above) and baked for 30 minutes.
 When I took the corn out and sliced off the bottom, my cobs did not slide out.  Starting at the cut bottom, I easily peeled off the layers of husk and every last string of silk did stay with the husks.  :o)  Well worth it, to me!  I know we tend to avoid using our ovens during the Summer, but I love the result so much, I will just plan accordingly, roast the corn in the morning and heat it back up at dinner time.

If you try this and are able to get your cobs to slide right out, let me know!
Silkless cob of corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment