Sunday, November 20, 2011

DIY Star Wars Death Star Birthday Cake

Last month, I blogged about the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy Birthday Party I threw for my son 3 years ago.  Here is the tutorial on how I made the Death Star Cake.

I used the Wilton Ball Cake Pan. Made half Chocolate Fudge Cake and half White Cake for the Light and Dark Sides of The Force.

The chocolate side was heavier than the white side so I put that on the bottom. Shaved a little off so it would not roll. Thin layer of icing so top layer would stick.

Placed the white cake half on top and the ball is complete.

I used the bottom of a paper cut to outline the circle where the laser comes out of the Death Star.

This little serated knife from our pumpkin decorating kit cut out the laser hole at an angle.

Here is the cone-shaped hole cut out.

I used my large pastry bag and icing tip to cover the cake.

Squeezed the icing on and then used a spatula to smooth it out.

Here it is all smooth.

I used dental floss to put a line around the middle and then filled that line in with black gel. Used the same gel for circles in the hole. I didn't like the black circles and suggest making them with gray, instead.

I used gray icing to decorate rest of the Death Star and used green toothpicks to simulate the laser coming out.

26 comments:

  1. Very cool! I might have to steal this idea for my son's birthday. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kristina! I'm sure he'll enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      NW

      Delete
  2. wow i'll try to do it for my boyfriend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this on a Star Wars birthday party roundup with a link back if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any idea how many people this cake fed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I recall correctly, we had about 10 kids, my husband and me, and 2 other dads at the party. Everyone got the piece(s) they wanted - a light piece, a dark piece, or one of each - and there was still cake leftover. If you cut the cake into vertical slices, you'd get at least 4 pieces of cake per slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. los angeles birthday cakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    3p..

    ReplyDelete