Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Morning Musings

I said goodbye to my mens at 8:40am.  They are heading West to meet up with other ladies' mens, to do and talk about mens' things.  So I have the house to myself.  *exhale*  That doesn't happen very often.  There's plenty to do - cleaning, laundry, change the bedding, pack B's things for his sleepover at Nana & Poppop's tonight, etc., etc., etc..

But I awoke with my period.  I'm tired.  I'm hurting.  I'm reminded for the 350+ time that I did not get pregnant this month.  This whole making meals several times a day, every day, for other people in addition to myself is bothering me today.  Payday was yesterday, and after the bills were paid I'm faced with the reality of what's left.

I'm not having a pity party, though.  I'm just assessing all that is and is not and deciding what, if anything, I'm going to do about all this reality and all that needs to be done.

I've decided.  I'm going to scale the refrigerator, grab the forbidden bag of all that is peanut butter that was confiscated from B's Halloween candy, curl up on the sofa, throw the sherpa fleece blanket over me (my favorite blanket that a wonderful friend gave me!), and watch what I want to watch.  Nothing animated and nothing on The Outdoor Channel.  I'll watch uninterrupted!  No one asking for something to eat.  No one asking where something is.  No one who, for the past 2 hours completely ignored me and refused to be engaged, suddenly wanting to describe in minute detail the Phineas & Ferb episode he just watched for the umpteenth time, one that I already know by heart.

*sigh*  I have to make another decision - what to watch.  A marathon of the 37 episodes of Law & Order (the original Law & Orders, none of this SVU or CI stuff) that are taking up space on the DVR? One of my favorite movies that no one else in this house ever wants to watch - The Wedding Date, Pride & Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightly, of course), Sense & Sensibility?  Maybe all of them.

I was just interrupted by another male!  One of the cats just came up and meowed at me.  Not a "hello, mom" meow, though.  It was a "my-sister-the-queen-has-sent-me-to-do-her-bidding-and-now-you-have-to-figure-out-from-me-what-she-wants-and-get-it-or-neither-one-of-us-is-going-to-be-left-alone" kinda meow.  It's a battle of wills.  I don't know why that female cat hasn't learned you can't win a battle of wills with me.  B learned a long time ago and life is easier for it.

Well, I need to get to getting' before my mens return.  I'm going straight to the couch.  I will not pass cat.  I will not collect 200 nuggets of Purina.

No comments:

Post a Comment