I love getting a great deal and I have to share with y'all my trip to Harris Teeter just now. The hubs wanted lottery tickets for tonight's $400M jackpot and asked me to run out for them. He is already out but is unable to stop. *sigh* I was not happy about going to the ATM for cash and then hitting a grocery store at evening rush hour, but out I went.
As I'm walking in the door, I glance at the front page of the sales ad that ends today and see B2G3 free of shrimp. Shrimp is B's favorite food in the world, so I headed back to the seafood department after getting the lottery tickets. Turns out it was buy two 2 lb bags of shrimp and get three 2 lb bags free. Ten pounds of shrimp is a bit much ;o) so I passed.
But while I was in the back of the store, I perused the meat section. I only shop at the Teeter if I need one or two things (and I don't want to go farther to Wegmans) or I'm getting Teeter's Friday night fried chicken special. But if I need to be in the back of the store, I check the meat department for markdowns. I hit the mother load today!
- Ready to Cook chicken breast stuffed with Bleu cheese and wrapped in bacon, 9oz. Regularly $4.99, got it for $1.99.
- Ready to Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu, 10oz. Regularly $4.99, got it for $1.99. Both this one and the one above have a sell by date of 3/19/14, so dinner for tomorrow is done!
- Three Ribeye steaks, totaling 2.63 lbs. Regularly $36.79, got them for $12.86.
- Trimmed and tied pork loin roast, 2.32 lbs. Regularly $9.95, got it for $4.71. That works out to $2.03/lb and I know I can buy a whole pork loin on sale for $1.99/lb. But I'd have to wait for a sale, unwrap it, break it down into small roasts and chops and rewrap for freezing. This roast is already trimmed and tied and a perfect size to feed my family for a week or to serve the next time we have guests.
- Fresh Johnsonville Irish O'Garlic sausage. Now, this one wasn't as big of a savings as the other items. The 1 lb 3 oz package is regularly $5.49 and had a store coupon of $1.50 on it since St. Patrick's Day is over. This is for the hubs who will literally do a jig when he comes home and sees it. Since I got such good deals on the other meats, and I want to see his jig, I "splurged" on this for him.