Thursday, June 6, 2013

Recipe - White Bean and Pasta Soup from Epicurious

I've been trying to add more legumes into our diet this year.  I've liked all the recipes I've tried but the guys...not so much.  However, this White Bean and Pasta Soup from Epicurious.com was a hit with everyone - YEAH!  As usual, I had to make changes.  ;o)  If you click on the link to the original recipe, you'll notice right off the bat that Epicurious' version is white and mine is brown.  The recipe called for water but I needed more flavor than that to get my guys to eat it, so I used my fav vegetable stock.  Instead of cooking my own beans, I drained and rinsed a can of cannellini beans.  To get that garlic and sage flavor of the home-cooked beans they suggested starting with, I added a couple of cloves of minced garlic and some poultry seasoning before adding the stock, beans and tomato.  Why poultry seasoning, you ask?  I don't have sage in the house but sage is in poultry seasoning and, let's face it, the smell of poultry seasoning wafting through your kitchen just makes any day better.  I didn't have green onion to top it with and I'm allergic to olive oil, so there was no drizzling of that.  However, it was absolutely delicious and filling, I froze the leftovers for another meal and I highly recommend you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment