Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cobb Salad

I love salads, but they rarely ever taste as good as they do in a restaurant when I make them at home.  However, my Cobb Salad is an exception.  Yes there is some effort to wash and chop and cook, but the end result is so worth it!  Especially when you line up the ingredients like I did in the picture, above.  I think my presentation is Food Network worthy.  ;o)  So here's how I built it:


  • On the bottom is chopped romaine and iceberg lettuces, but you use whatever greens you prefer
  • I grilled some chicken breasts in Wegmans' Basting Oil but I have also cut up ham and turkey lunchmeat from the deli into ribbons
  • Hard-boiled a couple of eggs and ran them through my mini-chopper, but you can just slice if you prefer
  • Diced a red onion
  • Cut up an avocado
  • Cut some grape tomatoes in half because, as good as they taste, the explosion that occurs when you bite into a whole one is not pretty
  • Crumbled up some Feta cheese
  • I ran out of room for the cooked and crumbled bacon in the salad bowl, so I served that on the side and we sprinkled it over our portions of salad on our plates.
It a one dish meal!  You can serve some bread on the side or not.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment