Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Easiest. Best. Man Dinner. Ever.

The hubs is one of those people who can eat fresh tomatoes, but cooked tomatoes give him heartburn.  That makes it challenging to make dinners on a budget or make quick dinners for our family since he and I are now both working full-time but on opposite schedules.  Most budget meals involve a tomato base with various ingredients.  *sigh*  I love tomato products - tomato sauce, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, ketchup, pizza and I make my own spaghetti sauce.  None of which, agree with the hubs' tummy.  So here is my easy-breezy, go-to meal for him that both me and B will eat.

Take a 16oz pkg of frozen meatballs and dump it in a crockpot (this fits perfectly in my 1.5 qt one.)
  


Pour a can of beef gravy over the meatballs.

Put the lid on, turn to high and set a timer for 1 hour.  That's it.

Once done, I put them in a Tupperware container for the hubs to reheat tomorrow.   He'll make rice or noodles to serve them over with a veg on the side and be in hog heaven.  I told you it was the easiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment