Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TastyKitchen.com's Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes

I have drooled over this recipe since I found it on my very 1st day on Pinterest.  Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes.  What a beautiful sight to behold!  I have been wanting to make them for so long, and today I finally did it.  They were worth the wait.  I, of course, had to make adjustments to the original recipe, and have noted them, below.  Please check out the original recipe and give them a try!

I scrubbed, dried and sliced russet potatoes almost all the way through, and alternated thin slices of butter and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in the slices.  I drizzled the potatoes with Wegmans' Basting Oil, since I am allergic to olive oil, and sprinkled freshly ground pepper and sea salt on top.  I lined a sheet pan with foil and baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
There was so much liquid on the pan from the melting butter, that I moved them to an 8"x8" baking dish after the 40 minutes.  Then I poured heavy cream over each potato, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

Here is the hubs' potato with peas and sliced, grilled sirloin steak.  I topped my potato with sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks so YUMMY!!! We had an early dinner and I'm starving at 11PM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leftover potatoes and steak made a wonderful hash for breakfast this morning!

    ReplyDelete