|Not the best photo! I totally forgot to take a picture of the wok or a plate before we dug in. So, this is what was left in the wok after we had devoured our shares. Sorry!|
- one broccoli crown,
- one-third of a bag of baby carrots and
- baby bella mushrooms.
To those I added:
- half a sweet onion,
- chicken breasts and
- Wegmans Stir-Fry Sauce, all of which I always have on hand. The Stir-Fry Sauce is not only flavorful, it's gluten-free, lactose-free, fat-free and vegan!
Here's a ginger tip I got from Rachel Ray - I buy the root in the grocery store and store it in a bag in the freezer. Whenever I need ginger, I get out my peeler and peel off just enough of the "skin" to expose the amount I need to use. Then I grate what I need using a microplane. Put the rest of the root back into the freezer for next time!
How to make Chicken Stir-Fry:
- Wash and chop broccoli crown and shrooms
- Slice onion and carrots
- Press garlic
- Grate ginger
- Cube chicken breast
- Get wok hot on high heat
- Add 1 tbsp of oil of choice and heat (I used sesame oil but you can use olive or a vegetable oil)
- Add chicken and stir around to cook, 3-5 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside and wipe out wok
- Add another tbsp of oil and heat
- Add veggies, garlic and ginger. I don't like all of my veggies in stir-fry to be firm, especially onions. So I add the onions and carrots first to get them to soften up before adding the garlic, ginger, broccoli and shrooms.
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking, add chicken back in
- Add whatever amount of stir-fry sauce you like
- Make sure chicken and sauce are heated through
- Eat! Or serve over rice, which is what we do.