Thursday, June 21, 2012

Leftover Wednesday - Veggie Platter


We didn't have leftovers last night; we went out to eat.  Due to B's allergies, we weren't able to go out for the hubs' Father's Day dinner Sunday, so we went last night.  But we had 2 leftover dinners last week, so I have one to share with you.  Evidently I was too ambitious with my produce shopping, because I had a ton left over.  So much so, there was no room for protein nor starch at dinner.  We ate roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted green beans and sautéed baby bok choy.

In the past, I roasted Brussels sprouts at 350 for half an hour, turning halfway through.  My friend, Kathy, roasts hers at 400 for 10-15 minutes.  I decided to try her way.  I washed and dried the sprouts, sliced off the bottom of the stems, halved them and tossed them in a bowl with a little Wegmans Basting Oil.  I placed the sprouts on a foil-lined baking sheet, all face up, sprinkled them with a little Kosher salt and put them in the oven at 400.  After 15 minutes, they were colored nicely and I took them out.

There was no room for the beans on the pan, so they went in next.  Same way as the sprouts, but they only need to roast for 5-7 minutes.

The baby bok choy was washed, dried and cut in half, lengthwise.  I heated a tbsp of sesame oil in a pan and added the bok choy, cut side down.  While those sautéed, I pressed a couple of cloves of garlic and grated approx. 1/2" of fresh ginger.  Then I turned the bok choy over, added the garlic and ginger to the pan and stirred it around for a minute or two.  Then I added 1/3 - 1/2 cup Wegmans Asian Classics Stir-Fry Sauce until it was heated through, then removed to our plates.

Yummy, yummy, in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment