Thursday, October 31, 2013

My New Guilty Pleasure

A couple of weeks ago, I started watching The Wendy Williams Show.  I'm a big Steve Harvey fan so I watch Family Feud and kept seeing commercial's for Wendy's show.  I originally decided to tune in because she was going to cover some topic on the next day's show I was interested in (although I can't remember what it was right now) and liked what I heard.

I really relate to her personality.  She's funny, if you ask her for advice she gives it to you straight, she's honest and open about her own life (wigs, plastic surgery, miscarriages, motherhood, life of a Jersey girl), she has celebrity friends in her head - we have so much in common!  And her version of Joey Tribbiani's "How you doin'?" is hilarious!

I haven't watched celebrity gossip shows like Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight since I was in college; I just haven't cared about their problems.  But now my girl Wendy fills me in each morning about what's going on with who, as well as giving her opinion about it, and it's light fun to me.

It's like sitting down with my bestie, over a cup of coffee, and catching up on people we know.  It's a nice escape from my own problems for 15 minutes each day, and I like it.  I usually just watch her "Hot Topics" segment in the beginning of the show unless she has on a guest later in the show in whom I'm interested.

So there you go - my guilty pleasure.  What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment