Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 3 of The Whole30

Today was wonderful compared to the past 2 days!  I woke up refreshed and wasn't tired all day long; I have stayed headache-free all day; the hubs did most of the cooking.  :oD  He woke up and made sausage from scratch and scrambled eggs.  I was worried how the eggs would taste, cooked in coconut oil; everything else cooked in it tasted sweet.  But I did not detect any taste of coconut.  Could my taste buds be changing already?  The sausage was good.  We have a ton of steak leftover from last night (I overestimated how much iron we could consume) so heated that up and sauteed some onions for lunch.  The hubs made mayo this afternoon and steamed North Carolina shrimp for dinner.  It was soooooo goooooood.  I made a salad to go along with it.

His pinched shoulder was just as bad today, but he wouldn't let me rub it nor put heat on it.  Instead, he felt he could cure himself by cleaning out every drawer and cabinet on the main floor.  Dude seriously acted like he was nesting today with all the cooking and cleaning.  I have plenty of kitchen gadgets to Freecycle as soon as the hurricane passes.  By dinner time, just the act of holding his head up was so painful.  I feel sorry for him.  He was asleep tonight before B.  Hopefully he can sleep pain-free.

Well, since I have had a good day, that's all I have to say about The Whole30.  And that makes me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment