Friday, August 5, 2011

Spandex, Balls, Scrunchiis and Shea Butter

I am so thankful for pants that are now made with a scoonch of spandex. I've been enjoying them of late, and just had to share that.

B came up to the hubs and me recently. He had a rubber ball with spikes sticking out of it and he had taped a piece of string to it. So, B is holding one end of the string and the ball is dangling off the other end of this 6" piece of string. "Guess what THIS is," B asked.

"A mace," answered the hubs immediately.
"A disco ball. The New Year's Eve's ball that drops during the countdown. Mistletoe. A pinata," I said.
The hubs started laughing.
"What," I asked.
"This is so US! I immediately think mace and you think disco ball and mistletoe. I love how we are!"

He's right. We have complemented each other from the beginning. And the best part is that B has both of us in him. It WAS a mace, by the way, but B wants a disco ball for his room and he begged me not to put the kissing crystal (our mistletoe) away at the beginning of the year, so that is why I thought he was going in that direction.

I want to tell you 2 things about the hubs that will sum up men, in general:

1)He was cooking chicken wings on the grill for dinner one night and I reminded him that B does not like the black marks on his wings and the hubs should grab a piece of foil to put under B's wings. He stopped at the back door, holding a plate of wings and a pair of tongs. He stared at me, looked over at the pantry door on the other side of the kitchen where the foil is, looked back at me and sighed. "You're right," he said. I went downstairs to change the laundry and when I came back up, the hubs was outside. When he came back inside with the wings, they ALL have black marks on them.
"You didn't get the foil," I said.
"Nope."
"You'd have used the foil if I had gotten it for you, but you just didn't want to go back into the kitchen and get it yourself."
"Yup."

2)We're at the grocery store and the hubs wants a new scrunchii for the shower. But not just any scrunchii; he said he has seen ones that are the fluffy ball kind on one half and a loofah on the other. I tell him I think he is thinking about what I use in the shower that is flat with terry cloth on one side and loofah on the other but he insists there is a scrunchhi ball with a loofah attached and it is sold at this store. So he looks through all the ones hanging on the wall but none are the one he is looking for.
"Come on; let's go," he said.
"Well, wait. What about the bins on the bottom shelf? What you're looking for might be in one of those. Aren't you going to dig through those, too?"
"No. There will be no digging." And he walked away.

If you ever get a free sample of shea butter shampoo and conditioner, Don't use it. Just throw it away. Trust me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment