About Me

My photo

I am a very lucky woman with a husband and son who are smart, witty and entertaining. Our son, B, attended public school for two years, and then we embarked on a new adventure in the Fall of 2010 - homeschooling. We don't have all the answers, but we know B and this has been the best thing for him. I blog to preserve our stories and our memories, share recipes, vent and ramble on about our crazy, yet blessed, life. Would you care to follow along?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Proudest Teacher Moment

We did another 2 days worth of lessons today.  I really like this!  Most weeks, we have so much going on that we don't get to lessons every single day.  (And the real reason I'm able to do this is b/c we are down to one car this week and I can't go to the gym in the morning.)  Our curriculum, Sonlight, has a 5-day lesson plan and a 4-day lesson plan, but the 4-day plan does not cover as much.  So, I have now found my own solution of doubling up on days when I want to or need to.  That's what HSing is all about - learning however and wherever you want!

I bought some carpet freshener during my last grocery store visit.  I did the living room yesterday before dinner and decided to do the family room this morning.  I sprinkled it on the carpet, set the timer for 15 minutes and then B and I began our lessons.  When the timer went off I said, "OK, I need to vacuum the carpet freshener up.  You play for a few minutes while I do that."  To my delight and surprise, B wailed, "NOOOOO!  Don't vacuum!  I want to do more lessons!"  I had to just stop and savor the moment as tears came to my eyes.  Even as adults, we need positive feedback once in a while.  Something to let us know that we really are doing the right thing, especially when it comes to our children.  I don't think B will ever know how much that meant to me - my proudest teacher moment to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment