Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Proudest Teacher Moment

We did another 2 days worth of lessons today.  I really like this!  Most weeks, we have so much going on that we don't get to lessons every single day.  (And the real reason I'm able to do this is b/c we are down to one car this week and I can't go to the gym in the morning.)  Our curriculum, Sonlight, has a 5-day lesson plan and a 4-day lesson plan, but the 4-day plan does not cover as much.  So, I have now found my own solution of doubling up on days when I want to or need to.  That's what HSing is all about - learning however and wherever you want!

I bought some carpet freshener during my last grocery store visit.  I did the living room yesterday before dinner and decided to do the family room this morning.  I sprinkled it on the carpet, set the timer for 15 minutes and then B and I began our lessons.  When the timer went off I said, "OK, I need to vacuum the carpet freshener up.  You play for a few minutes while I do that."  To my delight and surprise, B wailed, "NOOOOO!  Don't vacuum!  I want to do more lessons!"  I had to just stop and savor the moment as tears came to my eyes.  Even as adults, we need positive feedback once in a while.  Something to let us know that we really are doing the right thing, especially when it comes to our children.  I don't think B will ever know how much that meant to me - my proudest teacher moment to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment