Thursday, October 13, 2011

Twitter & Footloose

Twitter continues to confound me.  I have decided that there must be some kind of program people can run to automatically follow and/or post to accounts based on key words.  I know you can search for accounts to follow based on key words, but I have been followed by random people who seem to me to have no interest in what I am posting about.  However, some key word I have tweeted brought them to me.  After a week or two, though, they realize their mistake and leave.

For example, I tweeted a link to my blog post Elderly Drivers and Yelling Parents one night.  The next morning I see an email notification that I am being followed by a company that sells discounted auto insurance to the elderly.  I asked the question, "What is the difference between #Retweeting and #QuotingATweet" on Twitter one night.  No one answered me, but all of a sudden I had a high tech computer geek in DC following me for several days.  How do they do that?  And is there anyone who can tell me the difference between retweeting and quoting a tweet?!

OK, I've kept quiet about the Footloose remake up to this point, but no more!  I just saw a commercial with interviews of people walking out of the theater.   One girl said it was "better than the original".  She didn't even look old enough to be have been born when the original movie was in the theaters!  There ought to be an unwritten yet respectful rule in Hollywood that says, "Thou shalt not remake a movie until at least 40 years after its release."

No comments:

Post a Comment