About Me

My photo

I am a very lucky woman with a husband and son who are smart, witty and entertaining. Our son, B, attended public school for two years, and then we embarked on a new adventure in the Fall of 2010 - homeschooling. We don't have all the answers, but we know B and this has been the best thing for him. I blog to preserve our stories and our memories, share recipes, vent and ramble on about our crazy, yet blessed, life. Would you care to follow along?

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who does the internet say I am?

I've been looking online for two people.  People I have not seen nor spoken to in many, many years.  Every once in a while I do another internet search to see if any information pops up regarding them, so I can contact them.  But it never does.  So tonight, as I am searching for these two people again, I decided to do a search on myself, as well.  I think I make a concerted effort to protect my identity and I wanted to see if I was as absent from the internet as these two people I was trying to find.  Boy, was I surprised...


Not only was I dismayed to get accurate hits on me, I also got hits on ladies who are not me but have the same name as me.  And, as I am currently applying for work, I certainly hope that no prospective employer confuses me with the woman who:

  • is president of a "Cougars" club,
  • is listed on a find-a-grave website,
  • is a witch author,
  • has posted the details of her sex life on My Space,
  • recorded the minutes of a silent auction planning meeting in Canada,
  • is one of the many, many social network members who has "public access" to their individual pages and were all born 10 - 25 years before me!
Although I would not mind being confused for:


  • the Miss USA contender
  • the USDA analyst
  • the soccer star

The two lists, above, seem to mirror human perspectives - there are more bullets in the "negative" list than in the "positive" one.  :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment