Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cooking Class instead of Leftover Wednesday

I don't have a Leftover Wednesday post this week.  Yesterday I gave my first private cooking lesson.  It  was 5 hours long, we made some great food together and had so much fun!  B and my student's children played well the whole time.  We chopped, talked, mixed, laughed, basted, cried, roasted, laughed some more and cleaned up.  My student bought all the food, enough for both of us to split; I couldn't have been "paid" any better than that!  ;o)  And she ordered pizza for lunch.

First we put a Beer in the Rear Chicken in the oven.  Here's all that's left of my half:


Next we made pico de gallo.  We put some of it in a bowl with mashed avocados for guacamole and some in another bowl with corn and black beans for salsa. There was leftover pico de gallo for my student to put over chicken, in tacos or to just eat with chips.


Then we made a huge batch of The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti; enough to fill a casserole dish for me, one for my student and one for her neighbor!


I came home with so much food, dinner tonight will be all these wonderful leftovers.  I truly enjoyed cooking with a friend.  I'd love to do that on a regular basis - get together with friends, make big batches of dishes and we all go home with meals for our families.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I lived close enough to you, I would totally take lessons!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we lived closer, too! Someday, when I receive my 1st royalties check from my book ;o), I'll come down and visit you. I have a friend from elementary school in your state who homeschools, too, and we want to visit her, as well.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Make it happen, it would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete