About Me

My photo

I am a very lucky woman with a husband and son who are smart, witty and entertaining. Our son, B, attended public school for two years, and then we embarked on a new adventure in the Fall of 2010 - homeschooling. We don't have all the answers, but we know B and this has been the best thing for him. I blog to preserve our stories and our memories, share recipes, vent and ramble on about our crazy, yet blessed, life. Would you care to follow along?

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Recipe: Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions


I found this wonderful recipe for Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions from Peace, Love and Low Carb on Pinterest.  Chicken, butter, heavy cream, shrooms, onions...all my favorite things!  Oh, crap!  I just looked at the recipe again and realized that it called for parmesan cheese!  I totally missed that when I made the dish the other night.  LOL  I love parmesan cheese, too!  Well, I'll have to make it again and it will be even better with that addition.

This was a hit with all three of us, thank goodness.  Definitely adding this to the dinner rotation.  This is also a "guest worthy" dish, IMO.  The author made it in 2 pans but I just used one.  Why wash another pan if you don't have to?  As you can see, I served it over pasta, very unlow carb, but all that yummy, creamy sauce (sauce that would have been even creamier had I put the parmesan cheese in it) needed something to run into, cling to, and what better than shells?

The pictures on this blog look fabulous and I'm sure I will be making other recipes from it.  The author has beautiful, step-by-step pictures to walk you through this recipe, so go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment