About Me

My photo

I am a very lucky woman with a husband and son who are smart, witty and entertaining. Our son, B, attended public school for two years, and then we embarked on a new adventure in the Fall of 2010 - homeschooling. We don't have all the answers, but we know B and this has been the best thing for him. I blog to preserve our stories and our memories, share recipes, vent and ramble on about our crazy, yet blessed, life. Would you care to follow along?

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Smoked Sausage and Tortellini

 
I found this recipe for Tortellini with Edamame and Smoked Sausage  a couple of weeks ago.  I am not a fan of edamame, but I liked the idea of combining smoked sausage and tortellini.  I'd never done it before and wanted to try it. I got out a bag of spinach and cheese tortellini and some smoked sausage Thursday night and thought about what kind of sauce I wanted to put on it.  I finally decided to go with the sauce from my Sautéed Chicken with White Wine and Shallots.  YUM-O!

I sliced up the smoked sausage and browned it over medium heat...


...and cooked my spinach and cheese tortellini.


After the sausage was sufficiently heated and browned, I removed the sausage to a paper towel-lined bowl to drain.  Added a tbsp of butter and a tbsp of Wegmans Basting Oil to the pan.


I chopped up a tomato, a couple of shallots and a couple of garlic cloves...


...and sautéed them for about 5 minutes to soften.


Added 3/4 c white wine, salt and pepper and let simmer for a few minutes.


This is the hubs' plate.  Tortellini and smoked sausage tossed with the flavorful wine, tomato, 
shallot and garlic sauce with parmesan cheese on top.  Mmmmmmmm.


B chose tortellini and smoked sausage with the spaghetti sauce I made yesterday 
and, of course, parmesan cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment