Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Leftover Wednesday - Ham & Brie Crostini


Tonight's leftover meal was all B's idea.  He and the hubs love Brie (I do not).  B found a chub of Brie leftover from the weekend in the fridge, pulled out the last of the ham luncheon meat that needed to be eaten today or thrown out and on the counter was the 6 inch remains of a baguette.  He wanted to make mini ham and cheese sandwiches for the hubs and heat them up.  I decided the sandwiches should be "open-faced".

I sliced the baguette into twelfths, put strips of ham on each and divided up the remainder of the Brie among the bread.  Popped it in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes and voila! - Ham & Brie Crostini!  I had a ham and American cheese sandwich on wheat bread with mayo and mustard.  

Dinner was so easy on me that I also made a chicken pot pie for tomorrow night.  Now all I have to do tomorrow is pop it in the oven and make a salad.  :o)

2 comments: