Monday, July 9, 2012

SERIES: 31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #9


#9: We regularly express appreciation for things the other has done.

I'm sorry today's post is so late!  My mens were out of town Thursday evening through yesterday evening.  I was busy spending time with them last night and didn't get today's post written.  This morning we had an unexpected guest stop by and B started a camp this afternoon.  Anywho, here it is.

We notice when the other has done something and express our appreciation when we notice.  And not just the big things, either.  Even if it's taking out the trash or moving a load of clothes from the washer to the dryer.  Especially if it's taking out the trash or moving a load of clothes from the washer to the dryer.  Knowing someone is not only paying attention to what you do but is also appreciative is so important, especially when kids tend to be neither aware nor appreciative.  And here's the best part, expressing your appreciation to your spouse actually encourages them to do more for you, like giving a dog a treat.  ;o)

In our house, doing a particular chore is rewarded with more than just appreciation.  We all have chores we dislike more than others.  We also have hot button items that tend to stress us out.  I'll give you examples.  Even though cooking is my "happy place", my free therapy, it can also be frustrating when you receive negative feedback from the eaters.  Ahem.  So, if the hubs tells me he's making dinner, I'll offer to put B down that night (even if it's his night to do it) and I might even rub his calves for him (he loves it like most women like a foot rub).  If the hubs comes home to the 1st floor clutter removed from all surfaces or the bathroom sparkling clean, I get me a make out session.  :o)


Don't miss any posts in this series:

31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #9
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #10
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #11
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #12
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #13
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #14
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #15
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #16
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #17
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #18
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #19
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #20
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #21
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #22
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #23
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #24
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #25
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #26
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #27
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #28
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #29
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #30
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #31

No comments:

Post a Comment