Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SERIES: 31 Reasons Why The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #11

            
#11: I'm the first person the hubs cared enough about to fight with.

Just so you are prepared, this is the 1st of 5 Reasons having to do with fighting.  As I said in Reason #1, I came from a fighting household and the hubs parents never fought at all.  At least not to his knowledge.  He only saw parental "disagreements" discussed calmly, sitting next to each other, holding hands.  And parents are the first and most impressionable example of romantic relationships to their children.  Therefore, the hubs thought fighting played no part in a lasting relationship.  During his single years, when the hubs and his girlfriends got to their first argument, he merely walked away from the relationship.  Poor guy!  Fighting with his past girlfriends would have been cake walks compared to the battles I orchestrated in the beginning!

So why did he stay?  Why didn't he walk away from me when I started a fight (and man did I fight dirty)?  I want him to answer those questions but he's gone to bed already.  I've left this window up on the computer with a post-it note asking the hubs to give me an answer when he wakes up (he gets up and off to work before B and I awake).  To be continued...

The hubs:  "Where was I to go?  When two people are meant to be together, when you realize you are soul mates, you become well aware of what is worth fighting for.  I believe the Yin can not survive without the Yang, that you are the balance in my life, and for that reason alone, we should not be apart.  No one brings peace and balance to my soul as you do, and so I knew/know in my heart of hearts, I had to turn and fight...."

Wow.  What a beautiful message to wake up to!  I just fell in love with that man all over again.  I need to go call him...


Don't miss any posts in this series:

31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #9
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #10
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #11
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #12
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #13
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #14
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #15
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #16
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #17
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #18
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #19
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #20
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #21
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #22
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #23
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #24
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #25
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #26
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #27
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #28
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #29
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #30
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #31

No comments:

Post a Comment