Friday, July 20, 2012

SERIES: 31 Reasons Why The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #20


#20: We listen when the other says they've had enough of an argument and back off.

This is the forth of the five posts I have about fighting.  Fighting is pretty significant in a marriage.  A marriage will end because all you do is fight, or you fight dirty or you've gotten to that place of no return where you don't even care enough about the other person nor the marriage to bother fighting. There are going to be disagreements and some will escalate to a fight.  So knowing some ground rules for fighting fair are important if you want to survive to the next fight.  Or to makeup sex.  ;o)  So we hope y'all can learn from our mistakes.

As you read in Reason #19, things can get scary, violent and damaging if you do not back off when your sparring partner asks or tells you to.  And, seriously, if you were to keep going past that point, nothing will be accomplished but more damage.  No one has their listening ears on, even if someone thinks the other has a valid point or two they're not going to admit it.  So walk away.  Revisit the one subject you started disagreeing on in the first place, not any of the other issues that might have been dragged into the argument, at another time when everyone has their cool, rational heads about them again.

Tomorrow's post will be the fifth and final post regarding fights and it will be about a wonderful solution the hubs and I have come up with to making fighting productive.  Stay tuned...

Don't miss any posts in this series:

31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #9
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #10
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #11
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #12
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #13
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #14
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #15
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #16
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #17
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #18
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #19
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #20
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #21
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #22
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #23
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #24
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #25
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #26
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #27
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #28
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #29
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #30
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #31

No comments:

Post a Comment