Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SERIES: 31 Reasons the Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #4

            
#4: We purposefully and meaningfully kiss, hug and touch each other every single day.  

Don't blow this one off, thinking, "Well we do that!  Who doesn't?"  Do you?  Really?  Everyday?  With purpose and meaning?  With kids running around, making noise, needing the eyes in the front and back of your head on them at all times so the house does not burn down, and/or lots of activities to get to each day?  Sometimes, a whole Monday through Friday can fly by in "survival mode" and you don't even realize that you haven't done this with your spouse.  I'm not talking about the quick, habit kiss goodbye in the morning, the touch as you brush past each other on your way to do something else or go get something, your legs touching in the bed at night.  I mean hands holding your face, gazing into each others' eyes to ensure the focus is right there and right there only, and then leaning in for a 6+ second kiss.  I mean standing in the middle of the kitchen or in the family room blocking the kids from seeing the TV, wrapping your arms around each other, closing your eyes, leaning your heads on each other and just being in each others' arms.  Sometimes we just stand there, sometimes we rock back and forth, sometimes the hubs will start to hum and we'll slow dance.  B likes to get in the middle of a dance, but the hubs makes sure B waits until we have had at least a solid minute of dancing alone before letting him in.

I am writing this one purposefully on Independence Day.  It's a national holiday and hopefully you and your spouse are both home.  So try this today.  Decide to make this a daily habit, starting now.  I promise you, you'll see fireworks.  ;o)


Don't miss any posts in this series:

31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #9
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #10
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #11
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #12
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #13
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #14
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #15
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #16
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #17
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #18
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #19
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #20
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #21
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #22
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #23
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #24
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #25
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #26
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #27
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #28
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #29
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #30
31 Reasons The Hubs and I Have Lasted 17 Years, #31

No comments:

Post a Comment